Federal Public Defender
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER
NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN DISTRICTS
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit is accepting applications [under authority of 18 U.S.C. ' 3006A(g)(2)(A)] from all qualified persons for the position of Federal Public Defender for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa headquartered in Des Moines. The term of appointment is four years; annual salary at an amount not to exceed the salary of the U.S. Attorney for the district, currently $166,500. The Federal Public Defender provides federal criminal defense services to individuals unable to afford counsel.
An applicant must be/have been:
(1) admitted to practice before the highest court of at least one state;
(2) a member in good standing of every other state bar of which he/she is a member;
(3) a minimum of five years= criminal practice, preferably with significant criminal trial experience;
(4) administrative expertise;
(5) reputation for integrity; and
(6) a commitment to the representation of those unable to afford counsel. Federal Public Defenders may not engage in the private practice of law and are subject to judiciary financial disclosure requirements. A background investigation is required.
Application forms may be obtained on line or in hard copy from the Clerk of the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Iowa at www.iand.uscourts.gov,
Clerk of the U.S. District Court in the Southern District of Iowa at www.iasd.uscourts.gov, or
Circuit Executive's Office in St. Louis, Missouri by e-mail at CE8employment@ca8.uscourts.gov or by phone 314-244-2600.
Applications should be submitted only by the applicant personally and should indicate the applicant's willingness to serve if selected. Applications should be submitted to Ms. Millie B. Adams, Circuit Executive, 111 South 10th Street, Suite 26.325, St. Louis, Missouri
63102-1116, and must be received by July 1, 2019.
The U.S. Courts are equal opportunity employers.
Ad ID: 169270
Post Date: June 7, 2019
Expire Date: June 26, 2019
Important Safety Tips
Avoid scams by meeting sellers in-person to pay for items. Always inspect an item before paying and be wary of deals that are too good to be true. Stay safe – read our fraud awareness tips.